Omituntun Initiative in the Diaspora (OID), in a bid to engage young people in public discuss especially on the administration of the Seyi-Makinde led administration in Oyo State has announced its Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition for 2022 edition.
Application is open to students between the ages of 18 and 35 of any recognised Nigerian institutions and universities. The top winners will be given cash prize and will be sponsored on digital skills vocational training.
the Essay competition is organized by Governor Abiodun Oluseyi Makinde.
Topics: Participants are to write on any of the following topics
- Strengthening transparency, inclusiveness and accountability for a peaceful and sustainable development in Oyo State.
- Advancing the frontiers of possibilities for a safe, secured and prosperous Oyo State through Citizen’s active participation in governance processes.
- Re-engineering the Oyo State energy system through the newly proposed development and implementation of Oyo State master gas plan: Expectations, Possibilities and Benefits.
Formats to be used
- English Language only
- Microsoft word format
- Essay must be between 800 and 1000 words
- Essays must be prepared in font size 12, Times New Roman, double spacing, and pages in numbered
To be eligible for the Seyi Makinde Essay Competition, you must:
- Be an indigene of Oyo State in any Nigerian institution
- Or a resident of Oyo State
- Interested candidate be between the ages of 18 and 35
Top 20 Winners will be selected
- First Prize: ₦200,000
- Second Prize: ₦150,000
- Third Prize: ₦100,000
- Top 20 Participant will be sponsored for digital skills vocational training
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Copy of essay (to be submitted here)
- Name And Contact Details
- Proof of students identification and residency
Method of Application
Entrants must be creative and draw practical examples from the concluded or ongoing infrastructural projects in Oyo State.
Points will be awarded to in-depth analysis and understanding of the topic, creativity, originality, depth of research and real-life application and no submission is allowed after the deadline date as stated above
Interested applicants should submit an electronic copy of his/her essay competition through the link: email@example.com.